Connecticut’s Rich History
Connecticut became a colony in 1636 and, in January of 1788, became the fifth state in the United States of America.
The eight counties that make up the Constitution State are home to magnificent parks, incredible schools, beautiful beaches, and the best pizza in the country (don’t even try to argue us on that one – you won’t win).
From big cities and small towns to beaches and farms, Connecticut has it all. And it’s not just what you see from I-95 or the Merritt Parkway. Here are 15 signs that show you’re proudly from the state:
15 Signs You’re From Connecticut
- You know New Haven pizza is the best in the country.
- You know what a package store is and, when you go to it, you know you’re going on a “packy run”.
- Fall is your favorite time of year.
- You avoid I-95 at all costs.
- Your school took a field trip to Mystic Seaport. But not the Aquarium.
- Your school also took a field trip to the Peabody Museum.
- On that note, you pronounce Peabody correctly.
- You always root for the Huskies when UConn is playing.
- You hate when people ask if your town is like Stars Hollow.
- You own a pair of Sperrys.
- You know the clear geographical split between Red Sox fans and Yankee fans.
- You’ve experienced winter, spring, summer, and fall. In one day. Probably even one afternoon.
- Your town has at least one haunted house.
- You’ve been to a Dave Matthews Band concert at The Meadows.
- Even if you’ve moved away, part of you will always want to answer, “Where are you from” with “Connecticut”. Because you know Connecticut is the best place to live.